Regional Athletics Day Details:
• Date: 14 February 2018
• Venue: Tygerberg Athletics Club, Jan Burger Sports Park, De Grendel Rd, Parow North
• Time: 07h30 – 15h00
• Costs: Early bird registration by Thursday, 1 February – R115 (R85 entry fee plus R30 Officials fee) per athlete
Registration 2 – 4 February – R125 (R95 entry fee plus R30 Officials fee) per athlete
– if you’d like to volunteer as an official please add this to your entry form, your children will be exempted from the Officials fee, thus only pay R85/R95 per athlete.
• Dress code: Plain white T-shirt with dark blue or black shorts (athletes will be given a CHE team sticker to wear on their shirts on the day.)
Children born in 1999-2012 may enter.
Entry Forms (please complete 1 form per family) Events per age group on page 2
Please send your entry form WITH proof of EFT payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(if you have not received an reply within 48 hours please e-mail again as e-mails can unfortunately get lost in cyberspace)
EFT payments can be made to:
• Bank: ABSA
• Account name: Cape Home Educators
• Account number: 4089098115
• Type of account: Cheque account
• Branch code: 632005
• Reference: your e-mail address
Entries close: Sunday Feb 4th 2018
No late entries will be accepted!!!!
Google Map = https://goo.gl/maps/cvuM8fxqyCt
1. Please ensure that you are at the venue 30 minutes before your child’s first event as you need to get the T-shirt sticker and the children need to be lined-up before being taken on to the field
2. There will be a march around the field at 7:30. Please can all those athletes that partake between 8 and 9 be there early enough for the march.
3. It is a tartan track, which can get hot later in the day. Please bring tape plasters for your child(rens) feet, if they prefer to run barefoot.
4. The CHE will have an area to all sit together. Last year we got the embankment (as we were the biggest “school”). Gazebos/umbrellas welcome.
5. We will only be lining up children aged 11 and younger. Older athletes should listen to the announcer and report to their own events. If you are unsure where to report, please ask at the CHE gazebo.
6. The final program will only be send out once SACSSA has received all entries. We will e-mail this to all the athletes once we’ve received it.
7. Athletes only compete once (no finals are run at the regional meet)
8. The top 8 athletes from each event progress to the Provincial Meet, 9 March, again at the Tygerberg Athletics Club, Jan Burger Sports Park. You need to enter for this separately. We will send out results once it is available.
9. No medals are awarded at the Regional Meet as this is only a qualifier for the Provincial meet.
Dress code and stickers
– White shirt with dark blue or black shorts
– CHE sticker on left of chest (please collect your sticker at the CHE gazebo)
– Event stickers. Please note you need to provide your own event stickers. A separate sticker is needed for each event as the officials take these at the end of the event to determine placings.
Parents please ensure that athletes have their stickers on when they report for their events.
Please note the stickers for each child also needs to show their school (in our case Cape Home Educators). Example:
John Doe 10 years
Cape Home Educators
Age is their age on 31 December 2018 eg for children born in 2012 it will be 6. If the student is 9 turning 10 this year he/she is 10 years old! AGE GROUP 16 AND 17 ARE ENTERED AS 17 (Youth). AGE GROUP 18 AND 19 ARE ENTERED AS 19 (Junior).
If you are unsure about the stickers, simply bring empty ones along. We will have a list with the age groups and events for all our athletes at the CHE table. And can help you on the day.
We need to provide an official for every 10 athletes entered. We have added a R30 officials fee to rent officials. You are welcome to volunteer as an official and will then be exempted from the officials fee for all your children. (Cottage schools/ homeschool centres will only get exemption for 10 children per official volunteering). Please indicate on your entry form if you are volunteering as an official.
Officials please wear a white shirt and white/navy/black pants.