Our annual athletics day is back! Join the CHE team that will be taking part at this meeting. The regional meeting is a great opportunity to get the athletics feel without the pressure of a competitive meeting. Only heats are run, with the top 8 athletes from each event progressing to the Provincial Meet on 12 March, where medals will be awarded.
Date: 19 February 2022
Venue: Jan Kriel School, Kuilsriver
Time: 08h30 – 16h00
Costs: R180 per athlete (R190 for entries after 4 February, no entry after 10 February)
Entries close: 10 February 2022
Dress code: Plain white T-shirt with dark blue or black shorts (athletes will be given a CHE team sticker to wear on their shirts on the day.)
List of events per age group: https://www.capehomeed.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/ATHLETICS-EVENTS-LIST-2022.pdf
– if you’d like to volunteer as an official please let me know
Children born in 2003-2016 may enter.
Please complete the online registration at https://forms.gle/DZzkVemN8D3Hxz8P9
You need to send proof of payment to email@example.com within 48 hours to complete your registration. If you still have credit from 2020’s event please confirm the amount due.
There is also a regional meeting on 26 February in Mosselbay (Entries close on 18 February). If you would like to enter for that meeting please contact Jannie Nel at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
We have CHE caps and hats available to order that can be collected at the athletics meeting. Orders close 28 January. To order please complete https://forms.gle/VAsQy99jpENy7y4T6
EFT payments can be made to:
• Bank: ABSA
• Account name: Cape Home Educators
• Account number: 4089098115
• Type of account: Cheque account
• Branch code: 632005
• Reference: your e-mail address
Entries close: 10 February. Proof of payment needs to reach us no later than 11 February 2022
No late entries will be accepted!!!!
1. Please ensure that you are at the venue 30 minutes before your child’s first event as you need to get the CHE sticker and the children need to be lined-up before being taken onto the field.
2. The CHE will have an area to all sit together. Look out for our CHE gazebos
3. The final program will only be sent out once SACSSA has received all entries. We will e-mail this to all the athletes once we’ve received it.
4. Athletes only compete once (no finals are run at the regional meet)
5. The top 8 athletes from each event progress to the Provincial Meet on 12 March, again at Jan Kriel School, Kuilsriver. You need to enter and pay for this separately. We will send out results once it is available.
6. No medals are awarded at the Regional Meet as this is only a qualifier for the Provincial meet.
Dress code and stickers
– White shirt with dark blue or black shorts
– CHE sticker on left of chest (please collect your sticker at the CHE gazebo)
– Event stickers. Please note you need to provide your own event stickers. A separate sticker is needed for each event as the officials take these at the end of the event to determine placings.
Parents please ensure that athletes have their stickers on when they report for their events. Book name label stickers work well.
Please remember to bring a sticker/label for each event your child(ren) will be taking part in. If you forget we will be selling stickers/labels at R5 each.
Please note the stickers for each child also needs to show their school (in our case Cape Home Educators). Example:
John Doe 10 years
Cape Home Educators
Age is their age on 31 December 2021 eg for children born in 2012 it will be 10. If the student is 9 turning 10 this year, he/she is 10 years old! AGE GROUP 16 AND 17 ARE ENTERED AS 17 (Youth). AGE GROUP 18 AND 19 ARE ENTERED AS 19 (Junior).
If you are unsure about the stickers, simply ensure that your child brings empty ones along. We will have a list with the age groups and events for all our athletes at the CHE table. And can help them on the day.
We need to provide an official for every 6 athletes entered. We have added a R50 officials fee to the entry fee to rent officials. Please help us by volunteering as an official (you will then be paid for the day’s work).
Officials please wear a white shirt and white/navy/black pants.