Only children born between 2002 and 2011 can enter. A fun athletics day for the younger children will be held later in the year.
Unfortunately no spectators are allowed, but parents will be able to to watch from under the trees (It will just be on the other side of the fence from our normal seating area). Please volunteer to work as an official if you’d like to attend.
• Dates: 8 May 2021
• Venue: Tygerberg Athletics Club, Jan Burger Sports Park, De Grendel Rd, Parow North
• Time: 08h30 – 16h00
• Costs 8 May: R210 per child (R220 for entries after 16 April, no entry after 19 April)
• Entries close: 19 April.
List of events per age group: https://www.capehomeed.co.za/athletics-events-list-2021/
Program for the meeting: https://www.capehomeed.co.za/parow-athletics-program-2021/
– if you’d like to volunteer as an official please let me know
• Dress code: Plain white T-shirt with dark blue or black shorts (athletes will be given a CHE team sticker to wear on their shirts on the day.)
Children born in 2002-2011 may enter.
Please complete the online registration for 8 May at https://forms.gle/VsTbQXETcbTm1i9V6
You need to send proof of payment to email@example.com within 48 hours to complete your registration. If you still have credit from last year’s event please confirm the amount due.
EFT payments can be made to:
• Bank: ABSA
• Account name: Cape Home Educators
• Account number: 4089098115
• Type of account: Cheque account
• Branch code: 632005
• Reference: your e-mail address
Entries close: 19 April. We can only accommodate a limited number of entries due to COVID regulations and will close entry once we’ve reached that number, which could be earlier than the closing date. Please register early to avoid disappointment!
No late entries will be accepted!!!!Google Map = https://goo.gl/maps/cvuM8fxqyCt
1. Please ensure that you are at the venue 30 minutes before your child’s first event as you need to get the CHE sticker and the children need to be lined-up before being taken on to the field
2. It is a tartan track, which can get hot later in the day. Please bring tape plasters for your child(rens) feet, if they prefer to run barefoot.
3. The CHE will have an area to all sit together. Previous years we got the embankment (as we were the biggest “school”).
4. The final program will only be sent out once SACSSA has received all entries. We will e-mail this to all the athletes once we’ve received it.
5. Athletes only compete once (no finals are run at the regional meet)
6. The top 4 athletes from each event progress to the Provincial Meet on 22 May, again at the Tygerberg Athletics Club, Jan Burger Sports Park. You need to enter for this separately. We will send out results once it is available.
7. No medals are awarded at the Regional Meet as this is only a qualifier for the Provincial meet.
Dress code and stickers
– White shirt with dark blue or black shorts
– CHE sticker on left of chest (please collect your sticker at the CHE gazebo)
– Event stickers. Please note you need to provide your own event stickers. A separate sticker is needed for each event as the officials take these at the end of the event to determine placings.
Parents please ensure that athletes have their stickers on when they report for their events. Book name label stickers work well.
Please remember to bring a sticker/label for each event your child(ren) will be taking part in. If you forget we will be selling stickers/labels at R5 each.
Please note the stickers for each child also needs to show their school (in our case Cape Home Educators). Example:
John Doe 10 years
Cape Home Educators
Age is their age on 31 December 2021 eg for children born in 2011 it will be 10. If the student is 9 turning 10 this year, he/she is 10 years old! AGE GROUP 16 AND 17 ARE ENTERED AS 17 (Youth). AGE GROUP 18 AND 19 ARE ENTERED AS 19 (Junior).
If you are unsure about the stickers, simply ensure that your child brings empty ones along. We will have a list with the age groups and events for all our athletes at the CHE table. And can help them on the day.
We need to provide an official for every 5 athletes entered. We have added a R60 officials fee to the entry fee to rent officials. You are welcome to volunteer as an official and will then be paid for the day’s work. SACSSA will have Officials Training on Saturday, 20 March 2021.
Officials please wear a white shirt and white/navy/black pants.