Regional Athletics Day Details:
• Date: 8 March 2019
• Venue: Tygerberg Athletics Club, Jan Burger Sports Park, De Grendel Rd, Parow North
• Time: 07h30 – 15h30
• Costs: Early bird registration by Saturday, 23 February – R135 (R105 entry fee plus R30 Officials fee) per athlete
Late Registration, 24 – 26 February – R145 (R115 entry fee plus R30 Officials fee) per athlete
– if you’d like to volunteer as an official please add this to your entry form, your children will be exempted from the Officials fee, thus only pay R105/R115 per athlete.
• Dress code: Plain white T-shirt with dark blue or black shorts (athletes will be given a CHE team sticker to wear on their shirts on the day.)
Children born in 2000-2013 may enter.
Entry Forms (please complete 1 form per family) Events per age group on page 2. Excel entry form attached
Please send your entry form WITH proof of EFT payment to: athletics.che@gmail.
(if you have not received a reply within 48 hours please e-mail again as e-mails can unfortunately get lost in cyberspace)
EFT payments can be made to:
• Bank: ABSA
• Account name: Cape Home Educators
• Account number: 4089098115
• Type of account: Cheque account
• Branch code: 632005
• Reference: your e-mail address
Entries close: Tuesday, Feb 26th 2019
No late entries will be accepted!!!!
Google Map = https://goo.gl/maps/
The program for the day can be downloaded here: NEW Program 2019
2. There will be a march around the field at 7:30. Please can all those athletes that partake between 8 and 9 be there early enough for the march.
3. It is a tartan track, which can get hot later in the day. Please bring tape plasters for your child(rens) feet, if they prefer to run barefoot.
5. We will only be lining up children aged 11 and younger. Older athletes should listen to the announcer and report to their own events. If you are unsure where to report, please ask at the CHE gazebo.
8. The top 8 athletes from each event progress to the Provincial Meet, 13 April, again at the Tygerberg Athletics Club, Jan Burger Sports Park. You need to enter for this separately. We will send out results once it is available.
Dress code and stickers
– CHE sticker on left of chest (please collect your sticker at the CHE gazebo)
Parents please ensure that athletes have their stickers on when they report for their events.
Please note the stickers for each child also needs to show their school (in our case Cape Home Educators). Example:
We need to provide an official for every 10 athletes entered. We have added a R30 officials fee to rent officials. You are welcome to volunteer as an official and will then be exempted from the officials fee for all your children. (Cottage schools/ homeschool centres will only get exemption for 10 children per official volunteering). Please indicate on your entry form if you are volunteering as an official.
Officials please wear a white shirt and white/navy/black pants.