NEW to homeschooling? Thinking about homeschooling? Interested in knowing more about home schooling? Been homeschooling for a while and want to know more?
Please come join us. All Welcome!
- Date: Saturday 28th January
- Time: 14h00 to 16h00
- Venue: St Pauls Catholic Church, Andries Pretorius Street, Somerset West
- Cost: R70 per adult. This cost covers Shirley’s time and a donation to the Church.
We will be chatting to Shirley Erwee to answer most commonly asked home schooling questions:
- Is homeschooling legal?
- Should my children be registered with the Department of Education?
- What do I need to homeschool my children?
- Do I need to be qualified to homeschool?
- Where do I find a curriculum?
- Is there an accredited homeschooling curriculum that has the approval of the Department of Education?
- What does homeschooling cost?
- How will I know if my children are learning?
- What about tests and assessments?
- What if my child needs to learn something that I can’t teach?
- Will my child be able to get a matric or school leaving certificate?
- Will my child be able to go to college or university?
- What if my child doesn’t want to study further after (home)school?
- How much time does homeschooling take?
- Can I work if I am homeschooling?
- What about sport and other extra-curricular activities?
- What about socialization?
- What about homeschooling preschoolers?
- What if we want our child to go back to school?
- I’m not very organized. Will I be able to homeschool successfully?
The floor is also open to answering your questions whatever they may be at the end of the discussion.
Shirley’s books, Homeschooling High School and Homeschooling the Primary Years will be on sale at R150 each.