SACSSA Regional Athletics Meet 2018 Program
Please remember to bring a sticker of each event your child(ren) will be taking part in. Please make sure that your child(ren) keep hydrated during the day.
2. Please ensure that you are at the venue 30 minutes before your child’s first event as you need to get the T-shirt sticker and the children need to be lined-up before being taken on to the field
3. There will be a march around the field at 7:30. Please can all those athletes that partake between 8 and 9 be there early enough for the march.
4. It is a tartan track, which can get hot later in the day. Please bring tape plasters for your child(rens) feet, if they prefer to run barefoot.
5. The CHE will have an area to all sit together on the embankment (as we were the biggest “school”). Please bring gazebos/umbrellas for shade.
6. We will only be lining up children aged 11 and younger. Older athletes should listen to the announcer and report to their own events. If you are unsure where to report, please ask at the CHE gazebo.
7. Athletes only compete once (no finals are run at the regional meet)
8. The top 8 athletes from each event progress to the Provincial Meet, 9 March, again at the Tygerberg Athletics Club, Jan Burger Sports Park. You need to enter for this separately. We will send out results once it is available.
9. No medals are awarded at the Regional Meet as this is only a qualifier for the Provincial meet.
Dress code and stickers
– White shirt with dark blue or black shorts
– CHE sticker on left of chest (please collect your sticker at the CHE gazebo)
– Event stickers. Please note you need to provide your own event stickers. A separate sticker is needed for each event as the officials take these at the end of the event to determine placings.
Parents please ensure that athletes have their stickers on when they report for their events.
Please note the stickers for each child also needs to show their school (in our case Cape Home Educators). Example:
John Doe 10 years
Cape Home Educators
Age is their age on 31 December 2018 eg for children born in 2012 it will be 6. If the student is 9 turning 10 this year he/she is 10 years old! AGE GROUP 16 AND 17 ARE ENTERED AS 17 (Youth). AGE GROUP 18 AND 19 ARE ENTERED AS 19 (Junior).
If you are unsure about the stickers, simply bring empty ones along. We will have a list with the age groups and events for all our athletes at the CHE table. And can help you on the day.